Helloworld Travel OMC & Summit WRAP Up release
The 2019 Helloworld Travel Owner Managers Conference and Helloworld Business Travel Summit in Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam has now wrapped up, concluding three days of conferencing, exclusive events and sampling the best that Vietnam has to offer. The event brought agents from Australia and New Zealand together alongside Supplier Partners and staff to share in the latest developments for the Helloworld Travel Group.
For the first time, in 2019 the New Zealand network joined the Australian Branded, Associate and Corporate networks for the annual OMC and Business Summit, creating a mega conference event for the group. Over 700 delegates made up of owner managers, preferred supplier partners, senior executives and staff attended events and conference activities over 3 days.
Taking on an international flavor for 2019, the mega conference was held in Saigon, Vietnam across multiple venues around the city. Setting the scene for the 3-day event, delegates gathered at the InterContinental Hotel for the Welcome Function, sponsored by Singapore Airlines.
Two days of conferencing followed, bringing everyone together at the Gem Centre, a recently built convention centre in Ho Chi Minh to hear from CEO and Managing Director of Helloworld Travel Andrew Burnes, who officially opened proceedings with his presentation delving into the conference theme of ‘Our Evolution Continues’ and the evolving story of Helloworld Travel. Board Member and Non-Executive Director of Helloworld Travel Limited Mike Ferraro followed, welcoming delegates and sharing his positivity around the event and the strong future ahead for the group.
With conferences comes exclusive events, and there was no shortage of these. Delegates completed day two in style with the Helloworld Business Travel Networking Dinner at Xu Restaurant, sponsored by Etihad Airways whilst Branded and Associate agents made their way to the highly anticipated OMC Awards Dinner at the InterContinental Hotel, sponsored by World’s Leading Cruise Lines. The exciting awards event saw Branded and Associate agents recognised for excellence across numerous categories. Aussie diva Kate Ceberano kept everyone entertained as she zipped from the Business Summit event to the Retail Awards and had everyone dancing the night away.
On Saturday evening, all delegates came together one final time at the Gem Centre for the Farewell Party Night, sponsored by Air New Zealand. With the room decorated like the nighttime streets of Vietnam, guests waited in anticipation for the performance of the evening and they were NOT disappointed when CEO Andrew Burnes announced the one-and-only Jimmy Barnes was there to rock the night away in Vietnam! A repeat performer at OMCs and a definite Helloworld Travel favorite, the Aussie music icon rocked the party into the wee hours, with an extra special highlight when Kate Ceberano joined him on stage for an exclusive duet performance.
The formal conference proceedings closed with the announcement that the Helloworld Travel OMC Australia/New Zealand and the Helloworld Business Travel Summit will be held 14 -16 May 2020 in Perth WA!
Thank-you to all the 2019 Helloworld Travel OMC and Helloworld Business Travel Summit sponsors.
About Helloworld Travel Limited
• Helloworld Travel Limited (ASX: HLO) is a leading Australian & New Zealand travel distribution company, comprising retail travel franchise operations, destination management services (inbound), air ticket consolidation, wholesale, corporate and online operations. This includes “Helloworld Travel”, Australia’s largest network of franchised travel agents, as well as our Corporate, Associate, Affiliate and Travel Broker networks, Qantas Holidays, Go Holidays in New Zealand, AOT Inbound, ATS Pacific, QBT, Sunlover Holidays and Insider Journeys
• “Helloworld Travel” is a nationwide network of independently owned and operated retail travel agencies offering Australia and New Zealand outstanding service, and the best value, tailor-made leisure and corporate travel experiences
• HLO has over 2000 staff located in Australia, New Zealand, Fiji, the USA, South East Asia, India and UK/Europe
• Helloworld Travel is the proud major sponsor of:
– Volleyball Australia and the Helloworld Travel Volleyroos men’s and women’s national teams