Princess Cruises introduces French Restaurant
Princess Cruises will introduce La Mer Restaurant by 3-Michelin Star French Chef Emmanuel Renaut onboard Sky Princess when she debuts in October this year. This specialty restaurant will also debut onboard the cruise line’s next new ship, Enchanted Princess, in summer 2020.
Chef Renaut is owner and executive chef of the Flocons de Sel restaurant, located in the French Alps village of Megève. Flocons de Sel was awarded a third Michelin star in 2012, having earned its first in 2004 and a second in 2006. Before establishing the restaurant in 1998, Renaut worked in restaurants including Claridge’s, Hotel de Crillon and Auberge de l’Eridan. He also holds the prestigious title “Meilleur Ouvrier de France” (MOF) which translates to One of the Best Craftsmen of France.
La Mer will offer casual, French bistro-style dining with a modern twist inspired by the flavors and feeling of the French Alps and contrasts from the ocean. The specialty restaurant will be located in the lively Sky Princess atrium. The restaurant first debuted onboard Majestic Princess in 2017 to rave reviews from international cruisers while the ship was based in China. A La Mer video with restaurant and menu-fare visuals can be viewed here: www.princess.com/lamer
“It’s been an honor to collaborate with Chef Renaut again to develop a fresh and new menu for La Mer on Sky Princess and showcase his authentically crafted French dishes for the first time to our North American guests,” said Rai Caluori, executive vice president of guest experience and product development at Princess Cruises. “Chef Renaut’s culinary artistry and passion to deliver an unforgettable French dining experience at La Mer will be savored by each Sky Princess guest who delights in his exquisite fresh dishes.”
“I’m delighted to introduce La Mer to more Princess Cruises guests aboard Sky Princess,” said Chef Renaut. “The new La Mer dishes I’ve designed for Sky Princess are inspired to satisfy every palate by bringing retro French classics and blending favorite ingredients with fresh and unique touches to makeeach dish memorable.”
La Mer will carry a cover charge of $35 per person. The 143,700-ton, 3,660-guest Sky Princess is the fourth Royal-class ship for Princess Cruises and will include the best of the stunning features found on Royal Princess, Regal Princess and Majestic Princess, as well as new offerings that represent an evolution of the current ships’ designs.
Recently announced features to debut onboard Sky Princess, include:
- Largest Balconies at Sea for guests in the Sky Suites accommodations, featuring the largest continuous private balconies ever offered by any cruise line. Measuring 1,012 square feet (starboard side Sky Suite) and 947 square feet (port side Sky Suite), the two suites will also offer 270-degree panorama views and have sleeping capacity for five guests.
- Princess MedallionClass™ enabled by the OceanMedallion, complimentary wearable device is the most advanced in the vacation industry. Delivering a hassle-free, personalized vacation that gives guests more time to enjoy what they love most about cruising.
- Award-winning entertainment offerings, including new jazz lounge Take Five, the popular Vista Lounge, an enhanced Princess Theatre, and new exclusive entertainment options.
- World-class dining with more than 25 restaurants and bars onboard. From the World Fresh Marketplace to guest favorites like the Crown Grill Steakhouse and Sabatini’s Italian Trattoria, offering the Northern Italian flavors and La Mer, a French Bistro by Chef Emmanuel Renaut whose Flocons de Sel restaurant has received three Michelin stars.
- Contemporary-designed Sanctuary with eight private cabanas – offering an adults-only area for rest and relaxation.
- The Enclave at Lotus Spa. Sky Princess will include Princess’ largest thermal suite at sea – featuring a stunning hydrotherapy pool, heated stone beds, Turkish bath and dry, steam, and aromatherapy chambers.