Crystal Yacht Expedition Cruises’ 2020-2021 Crystal Endeavor Brochure
Crystal Yacht Expedition Cruises has released a new 38-page brochure highlighting the inaugural season, from August 2020 through January 2021, of Crystal Endeavor. Crystal Endeavor will be the largest, most spacious purpose-built polar class expedition yacht in the world, including anchor free dynamic positioning technology offering comfort and safety as she explores the farthest reaches of Earth.
From extreme expedition voyages to journeys rich in culture, Crystal Yacht Expedition Cruises offers a world where luxury and service are synonymous with bold discovery.
Debuting in August 2020, Crystal Endeavor will welcome just 200 travellers in contemporary elegance and offers 12 remarkable journeys featuring little-explored waters and oft-unchartered territories. These will be hosted by an experienced Expedition Team of 25 – from marine biologists and ornithologists to Zodiac operators and helicopter pilots, for curated voyages of 12 to 22 days which will explore the Russian Far East, the coastal wonders of Japan, and the rich biodiversity of the Philippines, Borneo and Indonesia. Particular cruises feature offshore experiences in Australia with underwater explorations of the Great Barrier Reef, immersive explorations of Tasmania, and the fjords of New Zealand, and explorations of the Antarctic.
Highlights of the inaugural season include:
· The maiden expedition of the Russian Far East, 17 days roundtrip from Tokyo, August 10, 2020 unveils the wilderness of Russia’s Kamchatka Peninsula and Kuril Islands to Japan’s primeval forests and volcanic landscapes, and is filled with fascinating wildlife encounters and island expeditions.
· Philippines, Borneo & Indonesia Quest, 16 days, Taipei to Bali takes in the waterfalls of Taroko Gorge to the biodiversity of Torajaland, and isles lost in time. Surprises in store include the possibility of sighting humpback whales in Calayan, orangutans in Borneo and to trek in Taka Bonerate National Park.
· Indonesian Immersive & the Great Barrier Reef, 16 days, from Cairns to Bali, October 15, 2020, allows the opportunity to dip in sapphire blue waters including the Banda Archipelago, discover ancient Komodo dragons, and revel in the wonders of the Great Barrier Reef.
· Tasmania & the Fjords of New Zealand, 14-days, Sydney to Christchurch, November 14, has a focus on adventure as you discover the rugged wilderness of Tasmania, New Zealand’s Fiordland National Park, on a cruise which will reveal pink granite mountains, botanical gardens, kiwi birds and fairy penguins.
· On the 22-day Antarctica & the Ross Sea Expedition, Crystal Endeavor embarks on one of the boldest journeys in the inaugural season. Beginning in Hobart, Australia, she will sail down to Antarctica, where guests will explore the Ross Ice Shelf and visit the historical “huts” of the great explorers that have come before, like Scott and Shackleton, as well as McMurdo Station and Scott Base. There will be epic quests in search of penguin colonies, glacier landings and the thrilling experience of cruising through pack ice on the fully-equipped Polar Class 6 yacht.