St Giles Hotels launches ‘GO SOLO’ program
The international St Giles hotel group, which includes the Tank Stream Hotel in Sydney, has launched a dedicated solo-travel program to help solo travellers – particularly women – experience the best of the destination when travelling on business or leisure.
St Giles operates hotels in many of the world’s most popular cities for tourism including Sydney, London, New York, Kuala Lumpur, Penang and Manila.
The GO SOLO, GO ST GILES program includes:
- Solo Travel Microsite – a dedicated website, www.StGilesHotels.com/solo-travel, has been designed for all screens and aims to be the go-to “Guide to Solo Travel” in New York, Kuala Lumpur, London, Manila, Penang and Sydney. It includes content for each city written by local experts to highlight ‘solo friendly’ restaurants, bars, entertainment and touring activities;
- Solo Travel Deals – A selection of St Giles hotels are offering deals including discounts, special services and extras designed to address specific needs of solotravellers, while inspiring them to explore the city. Guests can book these packages with the Promo Code:GOSOLO at www.StGilesHotels.com/solo-tr
Other services include:
- Solo Concierge Service: Once a solo traveller books the GOSOLO package, a dedicated concierge will contact the guest prior to arrival, inviting them to enjoy St Giles’ Pre-Arrival Solo Concierge Service. This includes learning about the traveller’s plans for their trip, which will inform the creation of a tailored welcome pack. The concierge will be the guest’s main point of contact and will be at their service to enhance the solo travel experience.
- Solo Travel Welcome Pack: In selected St Giles hotels, GO SOLO guests will receive a range of welcome gifts, including a custom backpack featuring straps designed by St Giles’ Artist in Residence and renowned London street artist, Pegasus (Limited to first 100 guests); SmartPhone Wallets; and curated information and items tailored to guest’s desired solo travel experience.
- Post Stay Gift: St Giles Hotels’ goal is to establish a meaningful and long standing connection with solo travellers. Post check out, St Giles Hotels aims to inspire guests to continue living their solo travel dreams. Each guest will receive a gift (that will include a personalized luggage tag + more) as a Thank You for choosing to include St Giles in their solo travel experience.
Announcing the launch of GO SOLO, GO ST GILES, St Giles Hotels’ Head of U.K., U.S.A and Europe, Abigail Tan-Giroud, said: “Research indicates that solo travel is growing at double-digit pace in many of the cities where St Giles’ hotels are located. Our primary target market is the ‘wanderluster’ who is dreaming of visiting and exploring a city like London, New York, Kuala Lumpur or Sydney, but is a little apprehensive about whether they will feel comfortable and secure.
“The St Giles’ GO SOLO program aims to create a distinctive experience for the solo traveller who wants the independence to do what they want, whenever they want, yet seeks personalised service and the comfort of a welcoming and safe accommodation experience.”
General Manager of St Giles Sydney, Klaus Kinateder, said that the Tank Stream Hotel had already established itself as a popular base for solo travellers.
“Our location next to Wynyard in the heart of the CBD means that a solo traveller has all the transport options at their front door, along with a vast range of solo-friendly restaurants, cafes, bars and tourism attractions,” said Mr Kinateder.
“We are seeing a sharp rise in ‘bleisure’ stays when a worker visits a city for business but then stays on for leisure, and with the Tank Stream Hotel having such iconic landmarks as the Opera House, The Rocks and Sydney Harbour so close, our solo business travellers find it very easy to switch from corporate to leisure mode. The GO SOLO program will add even further incentives for solo travellers to make the most of the unique character and attractions of the cities they visit.”
For more details, please visit:
Follow: #GoSoloGoStGiles @GoSoloGoStGiles Twitter