As Queenstown gussies up for the inaugural Blues & Roots Festival, Hilton Queenstown Resort & Spa is rolling out the redcarpet with complementary music lovers packages.
The Doobie Brothers and Elvis Costello & The Imposters are set to anchor the April 26 show. Local acts include Fly My Pretties, a collaboration of Kiwi musicians; the funk and soul music of The Black Seeds; King Leo blues band; and The Johnnys, a female group with a penchant for Johnny Cash.
At Hilton Queenstown Resort & Spa, a 220-room and suite retreat stretched along the shores of Lake Wakatipu, guests can book a one-night stay and receive:
- Accommodations in a Guest Room with schist fireplace, king-size bed, private balcony, rain shower and spacious tub
- A buffet breakfast at Wakatipu Grill, a fine dining restaurant within the hotel
- Two tickets to the Blues & Roots Festival
- Two complimentary drink vouchers for Stacks Pub, the Village’s casual sports resto-bar
At neighbouring Kawarau Hotel, managed by Hilton, travellers can opt for a more economical stay and receive:
- A one-night stay in a Kawarau Guest Room with king or twin beds and an in-room
- A buffet breakfast at Wakatipu Grill, a fine dining restaurant at Hilton Queenstown Resort & Spa
- Two tickets to the Blues & Roots festival
- Two complimentary drink vouchers for Stacks Pub, the Villages casual sports resto-bar
Hilton Queenstown Resort & Spa is the closest hotel to the festival venue, the Queenstown Events Centre, and is a short drive or a 10-minute walk from the stadium.